Wednesday 24 September 2014

True Detective Season 2 has cast its leads

Okay so I know I'm breaking the rules with bringing you all TV news, but such is the quality of HBO's anthology series True Detective that I feel I have to report on this. An official casting announcement has been made by HBO as to the leads of the new season.

Harrelson and McConaughey
Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn have been cast both as 'a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn' and 'a career criminal who is in danger of losing his empire', respectively. From the sound of these characters I'm a bit worried that this feels like a departure from what made the first season so good. But then again, I will probably be completely wrong.

I'm not going to say that Vaughn and Farrell are replacing Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as most news sites will tell you, but rather that this series focuses on a particular story each season. I think that is what was so appealing about the first season, because people liked the self-contained story.

No word yet on when it will air.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget